What are your thoughts on Anonymous players?

I woould prefer something in the middle maybe allow players to change their names like once a week

1 Like

the anonymous player is bull !

@gmmaddog There are other sites without anonymous players, if you do not like.

Love the anonymity, great for the games. The only concern is itā€™s harder to catch cheaters.

Anonymouse isnt the way to play poker. How do we know the site doesnt have robots playing in some games to take all our money? Just saying!

2 Likes

@FutureInsights

Iā€™m not sure how your comment is helpful, but it is highly disrespectful. The player, gmmaddog has a right to express their opinion on the topic. They donā€™t like anonymous play and they said so.

The thread is actually titled, ā€œWhat are you thoughts on anonymous players?ā€

Sooooo, if I express that I do not like it and I think itā€™s a BS way to play poker, are you going to suggest I play elsewhere, too (as if Iā€™m not already aware of the option, 1ā€¦ and 2, as if that is at all helpful and contributes to the discussion)?

I, for one, go back and forth on anonymous players. I donā€™t like it, but it may cut down on collusion and bum hunting, etc. I like the social aspects of game playing, especially in poker.

Player experience is key to the survival of a poker site, as Iā€™m sure most of us are well aware. Folks being allowed to air their opinions on an issue, especially when asked for it, is key to helping to build good player experience. Meaning, more players may stick around because they enjoy the site. More playersā€¦ get it? More players.

How is telling players they can go elsewhere in a forum meant to discuss an issue about player experience helpful?

Definetly scam. I was in 3 big tournaments and i have the nut straight half my stack already in amd bout to go all in with 2 for sure callers and game just site just kicks me to the home page. I get logged back in as fast as possible and it folded me. Other two player all in with pairs. Not the only time today. It happened about 6 timesin a big hand or with pocket aces and kings.

1 Like

@ScammedOrWhat You tend to project your own tendencies onto others.

@FutureInsights,

However, I still fail to see how telling someone to take a hike from here because you disagree with how they feel about their own experience playing here is at all helpful to the discussion at hand.

Again, the question was asked, ā€œWhat are your thoughts on Anonymous players?ā€ It is, in fact, the topic of the thread.

A player answered the question. You, apparently disagree with said player. So your solution, what you add, what you chose to ā€œcontributeā€ was to tell the player to go elsewhere in a not very nice way, I might add.

Please, if you will, explain how your response to the player is at all helpful. Itā€™s not as if the player doesnā€™t already know they have this option.

Maybe pointing out the benefits of anonymous play would be helpfulā€¦ and respectful. It might also go a long way in actually keeping players here. On the site where you elect to play. Do you want people to leave in droves?

1 Like

I also had a ā€œspikeā€ in my internet connection while I was at the final table of a of a tournament with $50K prizepool. I was also in the middle of a hand about to bust a player; there were 5 of us leftā€¦I was chip leader by 3X the second largest stack even before this pot. The ā€œspikeā€ in my connection sat me out of the tournament for a good 10 minutes while I tried everything under the sun to regain an internet connection. Came back to the table even in chipstacks with 2 other players, one player gone, one player short stackedā€¦the short stacked player won the tourney, and I came in third.

My bullying power was GONE and I was playing even with 3 villains who got to munch on my folded blinds. Ten minutes of sit out time likely cost me an extra $3,500. It certainly makes you wonder about thingsā€¦

1 Like

i do miss the chat a lot.
but i have seen many times where some guy just lays into a recreational player with all types of insults.

berating a recreational is the worst thing that can be done for the good of the game.

but in my opinion i would 1,000,000% rather have chat.

i like to chat with the table.
i like to talk about the hand at the table.
i like to talk about current events at the table.

okay, so i really do like the anonymous players because of exactly what ignition claims it does.

it makes the games feel more like live poker.
when you sit down at the table everyone is new and you are also new, it is a fresh game.

okay that being said, you know what else makes it feel like it is a real live game of poker?

live chat.

going back to the importance of anonymity is that we as players are not being data mined by 100,000 non-players and are stats are not being sold to anyone who will pay.

now if you do not buy the data mined stats you are at a big disadvantage from those who does, so it is almost like you are forced to also buy data mined hands which is just such bed sheets.

i do think anonymous is very important.

ignition / bovada is my poker site.

what does worry me is the lag on software updates.
i feel that hackers / computer experts could be potentially just having our way with us.

so when i see small glitches in the software not being updated in a timely manner it gives me great concern that a hacker might have an easy time breaking in.

hackers / computer experts break into some of the most secure places. like credit card companies, yahoo emails, hollywood studios, it is just endless,

internet security and software updates are also very important to me along with anonymity.

i want to see ignition / bovada with flawless software like it should have.

1 Like

Same thing has happened to me in PLO except I have the nuts on river, and when I raise the initial better who cannot have the full house and once I had quads and I raise, get DC from poker site, only to click in within 1 minute and was folded by the system. Mind you my internet connection at home was working fine and only Ignition had issues and it always seems when in tourny or PLO with worst timing. Ignition needs to do something to protect players in those situations. YES I realize in the past guys would DC their own PC to try and beat the system BUT I also remember Tilt used 2 DC reconnects per event or 24 hour period. It gave you like an extra 60 seconds. Especially when either A) Ignition site is the issue B) Something is amiss with it happening often.

1 Like

There is a HUD for ignition and it is far from uselessā€¦ you still can see what percentage of hands the person is playing while they have been sitting at the table. So if you play with someone for 100 hands or so youā€™ll have a good idea if theyā€™re a total fish with like %50 VPIP.

I think the anonymous thing is okay but I would prefer it not to be anonymous. Playing poker is about making a name for yourself as well as winning money. You can do that on sites like Pokerstars but not here. Also it changes the nature of the game which is fine with me itā€™s just strategy. I believe you can get away with a lot more due to people not being able to know your exploits. Especially in zone.

Agreed poker gets very monotonous and being able to chat with people is a big thing. Makes you feel not so disconnected from humanity when youā€™re spending hours playing. Weā€™re not babies who need to be protected I mean just have an option for turning off chat if you donā€™t want it.

3 Likes

Perfectly stated, couldnā€™t agree more with your entire post.

1 Like

anonymous is the only way online poker can survive. great for the game!!