Time abuse in tournaments

Player 4 in the 1k guarantee 10k chips #38265588 lost 2/3rds of his stack then proceeded to use his full 20 seconds when it was his turn to act until he eventually “sat out”. He was clearly at his computer and just wanted to waste time. Is this punishable behavior? Can an admin look into this for me?

Time wasting is definitely something that is against protocol, though if it was only the 1 hand and he used his timebank I’m not sure if this would be something that would qualify. If the player consistently took full time every hand it would definitely be the case.

That being said, we will take a look into the player above for you and thanks for providing this. Note that ultimately any warnings or discipline provided to the player will be private to them, but if we do find a consistent issue here with their play we’ll advise them accordingly.

I wouldn’t have been upset if it was 1 hand. I cant remember exactly how many hands it was, but it was a pretty absurd amount, well over 20.

1 Like

This is normal for online tournaments. That’s why the change from 30 seconds to 20 seconds to act was a needed change. And should make all turbos 15 seconds.