Tournament Lobby Improvements

The poker tournament lobby lacks uniformity and doesn’t display enough information. Currently the lobby lists the tournament start time, name, type of game, limit, buy in, and status. The information that is missing that should be added is the length of each blind level, starting stack, and whether a tournament is a re-entry tournament. Some tournaments list this information in the tournament lobby under the tournament name, while others don’t and this is where I see a lack of uniformity in the information provided. Some tournaments have the description of SS, DS, or Monster Stack to represent stack sizes while other tournaments don’t. Some tournaments have the description of turbo, hyper turbo, or last chance qualifier while others don’t. Some tournaments list re-entry in their titles while others don’t. In order to find this information a player must open an individual tournament lobby then click on tourney info. I feel that having all of the information about a tournament should be listed in the main tournament lobby to make it easier and faster for players to find the tournaments they want with the structures they want. It is easy to get into a tournament or satellite thinking it has a certain structure based on a tournaments name only to find out after you’ve entered the tournament it has a different structure and that is because of the lack of information in the tournament lobby. I have seen some sites start to use color-coded symbols to represent stack sizes or blind level times instead of listing it in text, in order to save space in the MTT lobby. I would love to see you guys implement something similar because I find the current tournament lobby to be a bit of a mess. I’ve attached a screenshot of different tourney lobby info so you can see how the titles of these tournaments lack uniformity in showing blind level time length, starting stacks, re-entries and how that may be a problem and confusing to players.

1 Like

Hey @DonkeyShow,

Of course, we’re always looking for ways to improve so thank you for continuously submitting your ideas. We’ll review this with the team and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Whoever is inputting information for MTTs is getting sloppy. I was looking at the MTT Lobby and was going to enter these two satellite tournaments and noticed the discrepancies in what is in the tournament titles compared to the tourney info when it comes to the length of the blind levels. The tournament on the left says it is a turbo in the title bar. Turbos are usually 6 min blind levels. When you actually open up the tourney info and look at the blind levels it is 10 min levels. The satellite on the right doesn’t list the length of the blind levels in the title bar, which usually indicates it is 10 or 12 min long blind levels but looking at the tourney info it is actually a turbo with 6 min levels.

1 Like

This is another example of how the current MTT lobby lacks continuity. Some MTTs list blind levels or starting stacks in the titles while others don’t. It creates confusion and can cause people to think a MTT has a certain structure that it doesn’t have.

1 Like

@DonkeyShow we appreciate the extra sceenshots and we’ll add it to our already ongoing investigation.

Event#60 which is a 6-max MTT isn’t listed as a 6-max anywhere in the MTT info or Lobby. It would be great if you guys could make all this info more clear from the MTT lobby. Also listing time levels and starting stack in the Lobby would be great.

2 Likes

We can assure you that this is something that is being looked at, and thank you as always for providing feedback and screenshots.

1 Like

I entered this satellite that is titled as a turbo(6 min) but under tourney info it is shows it as a 12 min blind level satellite. :grimacing:

1 Like

We’ve escalated this to our Poker Team, and we’ll let you know when they get back to us with some information about this tournament.

As always, thanks for looking out for whether our tournaments are labelled properly.

1 Like

@DonkeyShow Just dropping in to let you know that this is currently being worked on. Keep an eye out over the next couple of days and let us know if you see this discrepancy again.

1 Like

In scheduled tournaments under the Card Game filter I have Omaha Hi/Lo unchecked in order to hide them from the tournament list, but there is always one satellite for a nightly tournament that shows up despite it being an Omaha Hi/Lo game. Seems like a bug in the filter. I have attached a screenshot to highlight what I’m seeing.

Right now some of the tournament descriptions list something like (10,000 Chips 10 Minute Levels) then another tournament will be listed (10k Chips Turbo). Why not save space and have them all abbreviated to 10k chips instead of 10,0000 chips? Why have some tournaments list exact time levels such as 10 minutes while others just say Turbo which in the past has meant either 5, 6, or 7 minute blind levels? Why have some tournaments titled SS or DS to indicate starting stacks while others list the exact amount such as 10,000 chips, while others make no mention of starting stacks sizes or blind length levels at all?

It would seem more useful to have the exact time levels and starting stacks listed in the title of the tournament in the Scheduled Tournaments lobby. Using color coded symbols is one way to do this. The current scheduled tournaments layout is kind of visually sloppy, disorganized, and the info listed for each tournament has no uniformity. It would be great if you guys could reorganize it so all tournaments list all of the same important information in the main tournament lobby. It would make it a lot easier and pleasurable experience for players to find the tournaments they want to play in, that have the structures they want to play, and reduces the chances of players entering in a tournament they assumed had a certain structure but actually had a different structure because all the important information was not listed in the main lobby.

I have seen a few poker sites that use color coded icons to indicate the length of blind levels, starting stacks, players per tables, or other important info about a tournament. I find this approach displays the most important info in the least amount of space and gives tournament lobbies a clean interface. The color coded icons can also display more details if the cursor is placed over an icon.

I am attaching a screenshot of a site’s tournament lobby that uses some color coded icons to show what I mean. I highlighted the area using the color coded symbols.

Also being able to register directly into a tournament from the Scheduled Tournaments tab would be more efficient than having to open up an individual tournament lobby window then register into it.

1 Like

@DonkeyShow The color coding has been escalated for further review and title consistencies are something that are actively being worked on.

With regards to the filters, I’ll take a look into what’s going on and escalate further if needs be.

1 Like

Here is an example today of a satty I played in that was titled as a turbo, but it actually had 10 min blind levels. :lying_face:

1 Like

@DonkeyShow Thanks for pointing this out. I’ve escalated it to the relevant team and they’re working on preventing an issue like this from appearing again in the future.

1 Like

I mentioned this two weeks ago but haven’t seen any change so I wanted to remind y’all that despite having the the Omaha Hi/Lo filter off in the scheduled tournaments it is still showing some Omaha Hi/Lo games.

1 Like

Hey @DonkeyShow,

These tournaments that appear on that section are highlighted tournaments and there wouldn’t be an option to filter them for the time being.

1 Like

I have noticed $500 GTD at 17:45 Eastern and second at 19:30 Eastern schedule were removed. I feel additional $1 to $3 buy-in MTT (Couple GTD and Couple Non-GTD) should be add to schedule between 18:00 to 02:00 Eastern

Thank you

2 Likes

This satellite is marked as a sub satellite but has a $11 buyin to win a $22 ticket, but in the past these satellites had a buyin of $2. You may want to review the buy-in amount versus the prize ticket amount.

1 Like

@DonkeyShow, we’ll take a look into this tournament and see if this was intended or not. We’ll have an update as soon as our Poker Team reaches out to us in regards to the structure of this tournament.

Thanks for providing this feedback to us.

1 Like