Tournament Types (Definitions)

The title says it all. Where can I find a list of definitions/descriptions for the different tournament types? Some are common enough that I’m familiar with them already. Like SS, DS, and Progressive KO.

Like what is (Extra Play) mean on the $4,000 Guaranteed $20.00 + $2.00 #49301731?

and

How is a (Freezeout) different from a tournament like the $18,888 Guaranteed (Crazy Eights) that doesn’t allow rebuys?

and

What is (6-Handed Dozen)?

2 Likes

We will check about this and keep you updated.

1 Like

Great question, why in.the world is this not already posted? I couldn’t even find what Extra Play means online, and the words themselves are so ambiguous that the number of different possibilities area extraordary.

1 Like

We will look to get clarification on that and your feedback towards making that information visible

1 Like

I’m sorry for the delay; as per our team most lobby memos should explain the tournaments however to clarify any terms in this thread we listed them below:

Extra play- 7500 chips and 20 minute levels

A freezeout- no re-entries at all

6 handed dozen- means 6 players per table, dozen is because its a 12 dollar buy in, 12 miniute levels, 12000 chips

2 Likes

By definition, all poker tournaments are either freezeouts or shootouts with over 99% of all tournaments played being freezeouts. Freezeouts mean every chip in the tournament is in play, where tables collapse as players exit and those chips move with them until someone has it all and Shootouts are only the chips at your table are in play.

Other sites before Black Friday ran Shootouts with one running Triple Shootouts where 729 players at 81 tables produced 81 winners that played at 9 tables after completion to make 9 winners that played a final table.

3 Likes