Changing bitcoin to cash

How do most of you change your bitcoin to cash? I am pretty ignorant on the bitcoin process even after trying to educate myself. I do have a bitpay wallet, and in the past have gotten a bitpay visa card. I used to transfer bitcoin from Ignition to my wallet, then from my wallet to my bitpay visa card. I used this process for about a year.

Long story/short, my bitpay visa card got hacked, the funds were replaced and the card number canceled. A new card was issued, but we are unable to attach it to my bitpay wallet. (been dealing with this for over a month.)

I am at the point of wanting to scrap the bitpay wallet and card, and going to something else. Any advice would be appreciated!

Here is an option for you. Sign up for a wallet at blockchain.com. Use that as an intermediary between poker sites and cryptocurrency exchanges, because some exchanges have rules about sending and receiving funds to gambling sites. Sign up for a cryptocurrency exchange such as Coinbase.com to buy or sell crypto at. So send Bitcoin from the poker site to your wallet then to the crypto exchange. Ignition > Blockchain Wallet > Coinbase

2 Likes

Thank you DonkeyShow, I looked into that, I think that I have to link Coinbase to my bank account. I guess I am leery or paranoid about doing that. My bank is overzealous when it thinks money is coming in from a gambling site.

My bank is the same way but I haven’t heard of a bank not accepting deposits from Coinbase or asking about the origins of the money. Some crypto exchanges are hesitant on moving funds to and from gambling sites which is why a personal crypto wallet as an intermediary between poker sites and crypto exchanges is used to avoid this issue.

1 Like

thank you very much for taking time to answer my questions. good luck to you at the tables!

1 Like

I have had no problems with banks and withdrawals, using coinbase and blockchain

thank you