Exchange/Wallet Transfer Fees

I just did a bitcoin withdrawal last week. It was for $8200. When I went to send from Blockchain to Coinbase a few minutes later, I saw the amount was only $7565. $635 DISAPPEARED before a $140 fee was taken out tranferring from Coinbase to my bank. I wound up getting $7425 in my bank from original $8200 withdrawal. All I can say is WTF???, that CERTAINTLY doesn’t appear to be anywhere CLOSE TO RIGHT. Thanks Moderator for please giving me some sort of explanation.

If the fee was stipulated to be $140, it’s possible that there was a change in the value of Bitcoin while you were transferring the funds. Ultimately that’s not something that we have control over, and it’d be best to reach out to your wallet and exchange provider to get confirmation on their fees and the value of Bitcoin at the time you transferred.

That happened to me over the weekend. They put my bitcoin withdrawal through 1230 am Sunday when the price was over $9100. I never got a email saying it was processed so when I checked my Coinbase account later that day the money was there. The issue of course Bitcoin was down to like $8700 at that point and I lost some money. Unfortunately it’s just unlucky timing.