How to buy bitcoin to deposit?

Does anyone know a website to buy Bitcoin so I can use to deposit online? I don’t want to go through coinbase and all major site. Thanks

@handuy Welcome to the Forum!

There are many different ways to buy Bitcoin, and many different exchanges that you can use. We have a few that we recommend and in general, we put preference on exchanges that have:

• High volume/liquidity
  • Good reputation

If you don’t want to use Coinbase, we also recommend:

• Cashapp
  • Gemini
  • Kraken
  • Bitpay

However, if you’re looking for an alternative way to make a deposit that doesn’t require joining a Bitcoin Exchange, you might want to consider our new Voucher Option. Details on this method can be found here.

Also, if anyone else knows of any other websites or Exchanges that can be of help, post below.

Use a bitcoin wallet as an intermediary between poker sites and bitcoin exchanges. This is to prevent any issues with Bitcoin exchanges sending to or from poker sites. I use www.blockchain.com/wallet for my Bitcoin wallet, but there are plenty of others.

1 Like

I got a message last week saying I will no longer be allowed to deposit with a credit card. I got another message today saying that that is now in effect. Am I still able to deposit with my debit card? If not, can someone help direct me in the direction of how to use the other deposit methods? I’ve deposited with bitcoin once, and I used Coinbase then sent it to my blockchain then to ignition but it took 7days? And I’m clueless on how to use/buy these vouchers. Any guidance would help, thanks!

@Cjbush You can still use the same exchange and wallet as you did previously. When purchasing Bitcoin, if done through your bank account it can take a few business days to complete; however if you purchase Bitcoin in Coinbase using your debit card, the purchase should be instant.

Oh ok, maybe that was the issue. I just used my bank account info and there was a hold for 7 days until I could withdraw the bitcoin and move it out of coinbase. Thank you

@Cjbush Yeah exactly. Purchasing through a bank account will cause that.

Can some kind soul give me some pointers on how to best use Bitcoin here? I have tried it before and the Bitcoin exchange sellers wouldn’t sell to me because I did not have any transactions. Which I understand but it’s a real catch 22. And then I went to another exchange and jumped through every hoop to be alerted at the end that they are closed to Americans.

Quick pointers about what exchange to use and to utilize Bitcoin wallets etc . without hitting a brick wall at what seems every turn?

I’ll send you a PM

I buy my coins through coinmama then have them transferred to my coinbase wallet. I use coinbase wallet because you never get the same address which if you want to withdraw it can’t be the same address every time.