Intentional stalling in HUSNG

In an o8 turbo HU match and after an all in pot that got chopped, my opponent is taking the absolute maximum time of 20 seconds on every action. Ludicrous, this is after expiring his/her time bank. Tournament 44285220.

@JL8181 We appreciate the info and we’ll have a look

13 hands in 14 minutes, pissed.

i completely understand this to be irritating. particularly in a hu match, but is it expressly a violation of any rule? i mean, the time allotment is given, ergo it can be used. right?

1 Like

If intentionally done every hand for instance it can be considered time abuse. Ultimately our Poker Team will generally take a look and decide if they see anything that needs to be addressed.

can you refer me to any literature in tos or anywhere else that refers to time abuse?

1 Like

There isn’t any specific term that states exactly ‘don’t abuse the timebank’ for instance, but our ‘Integrity of Play’ Terms do cover for intentional misuse of the software.

So there isn’t any specific term then how can anyone decide if its time abuse? If you give someone an inch and they take a mile thats one thing but giving someone an inch and they take an inch whats the problem? At the end of the day the player with poor sportsmanship is probably the one telling on a player and making absurd accusations about time abuse. You want to talk about time abuse? Have ever heard of online poker its filled with people that have better things to do with their time. Time abuse shaking my head.

Again as mentioned above the Poker Team takes a look at this and decides if there was anything intentional and this is usually based on prior history as well. You said it best yourself

This is pretty much exactly what they would take a look at. If simply done over a few occasions or a single tournament there would likely be no issue. If this is something a player does every tournament, every hand, in consecutive tournaments then they may provide a warning.