Just Coinbase or Coinbase + A Wallet?

Wanting to know if anybody has sent or received Crypto directly from Coinbase to Bovada and vise-versa and has anybody had their Coinbase account frozen ? I was told and have read online that Coinbase is regulated and if you send or receive Crypto directly from a gambling site that Coinbase could freeze your account and any assets in your account and that’s why a Crypto wallet such as Blockchain should be used between Coinbase and Bovada. But if nobody has had any problem with just using Coinbase and not using a wallet then maybe I’ll do the same.

1 Like

You want to use a wallet as an intermediary between a poker site and a crypto exchange. Not using an intermediary wallet puts you at risk of the exchange freezing or closing closing your account. Its best to just use a wallet and avoid risking any issues.

3 Likes

I usually use my electrum wallet as a middle man from CoinBase to Bovada/Ignition, but I get lazy a lot and also sometimes make minimum deposit amounts and don’t want to pay 2x the miner fees to transfer the bitcoin. So I’ve sent more than a few deposits directly from CoinBase and haven’t had a single issue, but if if you haven’t done it I wouldn’t recommend taking that risk.