Player chat - why did Ignition get rid of it?

There is no real reason to copy and paste the same post among different threads.

i agree 99% and thank you for contributing to the discussion

i have not read every topic but i have read a lot of them (more than most) i think it is okay to let a person speak without criticism of where he posted his post.

yup yup good point

1 Like

I think chat should be bought back and each player has a button where they can mute all chat if needed. This makes everyone happy IMO.

4 Likes

Actually it would make cheating easier. Nobody knows who is who or can talk. So technically with no chance to confirm questioned hands or talk to others about if something looks odd it allows cheating to take place. Same with no player ID. You never know who you are playing or able to track anyone who might be doing things unethical.

2 Likes

Yes. Muting is easy option. Ignition does not want chat and players cannot confirm or ask questions to others. It is like no player ID. Very suspicious. I cannot think of another site that does this as it encourages unethical play.

1 Like

Correct. Mute buttons fixes all of it, but also NO PLAYER ID encourages not only cheating but unethical aspects and poor behavior.

2 Likes

so i started out gambling as an poker player and decided to go back to my rootsā€¦its pretty boringā€¦without chat sometimes i just like to chat with peopleā€¦i say bring it back

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback @m0sdvs If something changes, we will let you know.

Because cancel culture and fascism /the enemies of freedom thrive in our modern world , they donā€™t want us to talk to each other about these wild hands , and probably the bot players will go undetected better if no one has any human personality /identityā€¦ :man_shrugging:t2: Just a couple theories to consider ā€¦

Watch I will probably be silenced for saying that ā€¦:joy: then you know I am probably hitting a little too close for their comfort if they cancel my comment haha

Freedom of speech , your customer base is majorly people from United States correct ? We have something here called the first amendment , itā€™s like one of our main reasons we exist and anyone that thinks taking away our voice is good is an enemy of the people ā€¦ stop silencing /canceling / censorship is a slippery slope into an Orwellian hellā€¦ we are on our way there , be a part of the resistance of totalitarianism support the people not the machine , fight it ,donā€™t support censorshipā€¦

We appreciate freedom of speech but we do have a code of conduct within the forum that needs to be followed.

We are talking about poker chat in game though ,not forum

Starting to sound like a Trump rally up in here LOLā€¦

Lol as opposed to what? a Biden rally? Really I canā€™t believe there are people like you that are obsessed with trump that much still that think every situation in life relates to trump in some way . , if freedom of speech is something they discuss there and you are talking about that like itā€™s a negative thing , that explains a lot ā€¦ yeah we sure are doing much better with the new guy right ā€¦ the sad thing is you actually believe we are probably ā€¦

So because some people only ā€œSOME ā€œ are snowflakes that canā€™t handle a few bad words or mean ppl in a chat or just that canā€™t simply turn their chat off so they donā€™t see it , we all have to be punished ? And we now go without an important element of the game The social interaction is a very important part of poker, I think there is more to it than that honestly ā€¦ I think has nothing to do with feelings being hurt honestly ā€¦ itā€™s deeper than that .

This thread is 3 years old by the way Nash no longer works for the community.

1 Like