Small but still Colluding/cheating

So I was pretty much done in the freeroll tourney today on the 28th but as I was all in for a 5800 pot, a little communication which equates to colluding occurred by the two big stack donks that called me preflop.

The board shows 7,5,2,4. So the guy on my left bets on the turn 745 into a 5800 pot. That bet doesn’t make sense unless you are trying to tell the other person that you have 3,6 or 6,8. The guy tanked for a second then folded and if you guessed the guy on my left was holding 3,6 then you are a winner.

Was I out of the tourney either way? More than likely. Could the button have tried to bluff a flush on the river or a better straight and I somehow won the main pot? Idk what the button was holding but it could happen if there wasn’t a message sent to him through his bet by the guy on my left.

In a in person tourney that should would be called on quick by everyone at the table.

Am I mad? Not mad I busted out. Just mad the integrity of the game was f’d with.

1 Like

Hi there, thank you for letting us know. We’ll look into this and investigate internally.

You also have to take into consideration that this is a freeroll and people play crazy . But tbh I don’t see an issue with the small bet with him being first to act. Maybe he was trying to induce a raise? He probably figured you were already all in and he had your stack in the bag so maybe just trying to get anything else from the remaining player?

I think the real problem with this hand is him calling you all-in pre with 36. But like I said, it is a freeroll and people play pretty ridiculous in that tourney.

I’m not denying that there is possible collusion on this site but the chances of two random people that know each other sitting together this early in a 2500+ entry freeroll tourney is pretty low.

I totally get that and maybe collusion was a the wrong word to use. I never once thought that they knew each other. That never crossed my mind. What happened was one player communicated to another that he had the best hand and to just fold.

The player that made the bet used that bet to let the other person know, “Hey Bro, I got 2nd nuts. You should fold.” That’s what the issue is with.

For the bettor to bet exactly 754 with those being the flop and turn cards. The add in that he’s holding 3,6 which makes a straight, then add in the fact that the pot was 5800+, which means that he had to have hand typed that bet as it wasn’t a 1/2pot, 3x, etc. default preset button nor would anyone have a 4% pot custom bet button set.

Add all that together and the odds of that being a random, who cares it’s a freeroll, let’s fire bet are astronomical.

Like I stated before if it happened in person at a live tourney the whole table would have stood up.

If it was by chance of some random donk play I would have never brought it up but its clearly a random person who might know or not know the other person communicating their hand to another player letting them know what they had. That’s my issue and only issue with it.

1 Like

This is quite a stretch. How would he pick that up with a bet that matches 3bet 4 cards on board ?

1 Like

I picked it up instantly as soon as he bet it. I even took the screen shot on my phone before the showdown took place.

I Knew he had the 3,6 when the bet was placed. Please feel free to explain any logic into what that bet intended to do other than what I explained.

Like I said in the end not a big deal but pretty obvious what happened.
Blinds are 300/600 and he bets 745 into a 3 way 5,800 main pot with one person all in just to create a one big blind side pot. He typed that amount in be choice no preset button makes that bet with 300/600 blinds. Dude probably didn’t have a hand to call anything with but if someone sends you a message that you’re beat then you know to fold a decent hand.