Tables/software freezing midgame

I was planning on playing most of the day, but dealing with these constant table freezes is a miserable experience and costing me money. Luckily your competitors value having smooth playing software and they will be getting my business instead.

1 Like

well from my understanding and what calvin aria stated in the past about how they have a “recreational” poker model…

and how the “sharps” take money out of the system and they do not want “sharps” in the system…only “recreatoinal” players…

hate to say this…doubt they will miss any good player that leaves.

and its odd that the more good players that leave makes it more attractive to good players to play here…

so if you really wanted to stick it to igntion/bovada staying here and winning is exactly what they do not want you to do.

i feel like such a shill but all that being said…i would absolutely LOVE it if they fixed all the bugs on their poker client.

but if you are a losing “recreational” player…i guess you could say the opposite… :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: THEN you could demand they fix their software or you are leaving!

so yeah put that in your pipe and smoke it

I have had a table freeze only once, playing Zone, and it was several months ago. I was practicing at 5nl, the loss did not bother me. this is not widespread. Windows is coming out with a new release for 10. October. The site has been down for awhile on bodog88. They need to fix those issues.

In the meantime, (and I play tourneys as well - cashed in last 3 I played, final table in two of them, self less brag) I would tweak windows as much as possible, using 1903 methods. Google tweak win 10 1903. Also, I use a hard wire ethernet connection. Most serious players should be using this with third party firewall (paid for), and learn to tweak your machines.

I know @player1 is ethernet, and suggest others do the same. But it is hard to build a platform with many different configurations in place. Learn a little about network management , and realize windows 7 is gone.

1 Like

RIP windows7 the best windows ever…maybe xp was.

windows10 aka spygate the amount of things i had to disable to maybe cut out 90% of windows 10 spying on me…OMFG…and the amount of research i had to do, in order to disable so much bs on windows10! UGGGGGGG

@FutureInsights what 3rd party firewall do you recommend?

1 Like

I use mcafee suite. You can use anything that is paid and on the up and up. Free is always easier to hack. BTW, I was investigating a problem with DCom service today, landed on a page that offered more information, and wanted the windows loin credentials. And the theory was somewhat widespread on the internet. Be careful out there people.

1 Like

windows firewall isnt good enough? i worry about any 3rd party program…and the ones i have to pay for know my name…macosoft already knows everything about me with their windows into my life.

OMG what theory? i want to be careful tell me what to do!

i like to gird my loins when necessary…i always knew windows had loins just didnt know much about them.

i am so clueless when it comes to all this smart kid stuff…
i am just a copy paster type nerd.

I was playing in a few tournaments this past Sunday and a couple of the tournament tables would freeze up in the middle of hands and wouldn’t allow me to make any actions. Eventually the tables would unfreeze and resume action, but by then my hand had been folded and I was sat out and missed additional hands. This happened repeatedly making some of my tournaments pretty much unplayable. What was somewhat odd was not all of my tables were doing this. Some of my tables were running fine and not freezing but others were freezing. I reviewed the hand histories from two tournaments played at the same time and they show one tournament is disconnected but the other tournament is not.

Tournament 1

Tournament 2

Tournament 1 was the one freezing and is showing in the hand history that I timed out, my hand was folded, and I was sat out. Then shows me as disconnected. During that same time period Tournament 2 shows no disconnection issues. Why is one table disconnecting and not all of them? Why are any of them disconnecting?

Having disconnection issues is a miserable, costly playing experience. Not addressing this issue as well as the other bugs in the software is negatively affecting the desirability of playing on Ignition.

1 Like

@Matt @Sam @Foster @DonkeyShow It really would be great if Ignition could address these issues, or at least make an honest statement that they’re going to try, as clearly multiple people (who presumably have different computer specs, and different usage or non-usage of third party software) are having this specific problem. But I’m not holding my breath.

2 Likes

@DonkeyShow We appreciate the screenshots and will look into these further.

@apjude We’re always trying to improve the experience as we can fully understand the frustration that comes with any sort of disconnection during gameplay.

1 Like

@DonkeyShow very nice detailed information.

i looked at all the hands you were dealt…and all the hands were on the lower tier…that is good.

when it happened to me 3 different times…i had a full house i had a pair of kings and i had a pair of aces.

that is why i thought it was some type of Ddos’er
but in a MTT all those lower tier hands could be EXTREMELY important…when you are just trying to stay afloat.

:dizzy_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately there were many more instances of this happening and it did happen in the middle of big hands

1 Like

for every 1 person that reports it there are a 1000 who did not report it and just went to a new poker site. :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

dont worry iggy, i am super loyal man, i am here to stay, i am in for the long haul!

my rake is yours!
let my rake feed your families!

Got a few screen shots from couple days.
I noticed when I get the 59%, all new tables that I try to open will be stuck at 59%. It can last for over 5 minutes. Have to keep closing and opening. Once 1 table is able to open, it all opens.
Today was a new one. Normally when one table disconnects, it will eventually re-connect me. Today it didn’t. So I closed and open those tables, I was right back in immediately. Happened twice today.
Another one today, I went all in and I watched as my time went down and it mucked my hand twice today. Other times there would be a lag and eventually allow me to go all in. Kinda sucks. Just letting you guys know so you are aware that these things are still happening. At least it’s better than all my tables crashing!

3 Likes

ty for reporting…we need more people to step forward to show how big of a problem this is.

you must have been winning too much those game crashes will slow you down a bit.

how many tables do you play at once…that is some impressive juggling

if we had pop to front working correctly it would be so much easier to multi table.

i would 16 table MTT on fulltilt and did well.

1 Like

Prefer 7, but I’d do 8 sometimes. Also would love to be able to play 8 tables without overlapping! But that’s a different problem.

1 Like

The site has been running absolutely HORRIBLE the past week on iOS. Frequent freezing on all in pots, plus a new glitch that happens at least once every hour or two: I play on my iPad and all tables will randomly stop responding to any touch inputs. The ONLY solution is to quit, log out, log back in, and re-enter the tournament from the tournament menu (I.e. go to the list of tourneys, click on the tournament, and click “take seat”).

Unfortunately though, the site will keep try to automatically seat you at your active tourney tables the second you click on “Poker” from the ignition homepage, and the glitch will still keep happening (no response to touch inputs, can’t fold/call/raise/change tables etc).

The only fix is to keep going back to the ignition homepage and clicking “Poker” until you see the main poker menu and can access the tournament listing. Just crossing your fingers that it doesn’t try to auto seat you. Usually takes about 10 tries and you miss at least half an orbit of hands.

Extremely frustrating, please fix ASAP. I can provide more info if necessary.

3 Likes

There have been known issues with IOS for awhile now. Might want to play on different platform if can, until they fix.

2 Likes

@Dan_123 I’m sorry to hear about that. We’ll send you a PM to gather some more details.

1 Like

I have been having much more disconnection issues lately than in the past. I used to get disconnected once every other session or so but now I am getting disconnected multiple times a session and experiencing other errors in the client that prevent me from opening new tables.

These other errors include getting the you dont have enough money to join a new table error, we are down for maintenance errors, and tables opening up to 59% and not going farther than that. I also get the error that others are talking about where the client forces you off all the tables and makes you re log in. This is different from the client crashing completely which I also experience regularly.

When these things happen I have to restart the client in order to join new games. I’m not sure if all of these errors belong in this thread, I would be happy to move them to another thread but I just wanted the mods to know that me and multiple other people that I know who play on this site are having the same problems. I honestly just chalked this up to the cost of playing on this site but it is getting to the point where it is becoming unplayable.

2 Likes

1 table disconnects still happening. Happened a lot today, most of the time came back with no problem, just have to choose my preferred seat everytime I reconnect. But today I timed out a few times after I acted way before my time was up. Sucks!

2 Likes