Will it be an early Spring for 2024?

Early spring?

Some people depend on Mr. Woodchuck’s weather forecast every year.

If Mr. Woodchuck sees his shadow, winter would be another 6 weeks long. Should he not see his shadow, the promise of an Early Spring is eminent.

Mr. Woodchuck forecast an early Spring for 2024. Get the fanfare going!

Do you believe this to be fact or fiction?

5 Likes

He didn’t see it in the US

1 Like

For anyone that doesn’t know (I didn’t know ) a "woodchuck " is another name for a “groundhog” . Apparently both names came into use around the same time and use of one or the other is determined by region.

Does that mean the movie with Bill Murray was titled “Woodchucks Day” in your region?

To answer your question, yes looks like an early spring. I have tulip plants that are already 3 inches tall (they aren’t supposed to sprout till the end of winter).

Also known as the woodchuck :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Possibly something I should’ve verified, before a failed attempt at correcting someone…

Appreciate you kindly informing me. Thank you.

To be fair, I’ve only ever heard one other person in my life use the word woodchuck and I thought they were crazy :joy:

I’ve heard "how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could… "

Although I’m no stranger to wildlife, hunting , the forest or outdoors in general. I’m a bit embarrassed to admit thinking a woodchuck was not an actual animal. Since I’ve never had someone use the name and never thought to look it up before.

I guess it’s never too late to learn new things.

2 Likes

It was always a Groundhog to me!!!

4 Likes