Possible solution for Ignition client crashing

Today, the maker of the card catcher that is used to import hand histories into most of the major HUDs used for Ignition made a post on the 2+2 Forums about Ignition crashes.

"I’m going to post the solution in here because we get your customers contacting us and they are confused. We’ve been letting people know about this for the past couple of years, but apparently it’s still not clear.

It’s not the card catcher, drivehud or table tamer causing crashes. I’ve posted this up a few places, but hard to reach everyone.

When ignition updates, if you have the ignition card catcher, drivehud, or table tamer running, sometimes resources files won’t update correctly when ignition does it’s auto update. So if you get a notice for an update, make sure to close these first before continuing the update.

If you’re having crashes or you had those programs open while ignition was doing an update, close them. Re-install ignition and you’ll be fine.

I should add an edit that this is in most update cases. Sometimes Ignition does major updates that could cause crashes, but this happens very rarely."

2 Likes

thanks for this @DonkeyShow …P.s. enjoy your gifs about all the malfunctions lol

1 Like

For me, former SDE, this would be obvious info. I use PT4 and its ignition hand grabber, but know to shut down and update client afterwards. An alternative here is to never start the import process. Thus, there is no hold on folders for Ignition. Just an added addendum.

Edit to add: I have had no problems initiating import from PT4 after client is launched, and then launching pt4, but haven’t joined tables yet. ICC might work the same way. Since the client will prompt to update when first opening, might want to hold off on additional software until client is fully loaded, but no tables are opened.

1 Like

I have seized using drivehud and tabletamer on ignition for now. Hopefully this does help

1 Like