Why is the client directing me to HU games when others are running?

:dizzy_face:

ty foster you are very kind and respectful just it has been so long already…

it seems like nothing ever gets done to correct these bugs ever…

Dear
JCABC123, I have had similar problems in seating for limit hold’em. A post on another website explains the problems and they are like yours:

The six-max limit cash tables are often heads-up or three-handed. There may be four or five tables going at the same time—all very short-handed—when there could be three tables with six players each. Players come and go all the time, and the entire seating arrangement is most unsatisfactory. You are often sat at an empty table—a kind of a waiting list. But you have no idea if there is even a game going on or your position on the waiting list, and another player may sit with you at any moment—starting a heads-up match as you are forced to post blinds.

1 Like

I was just at limit holdem tables. It is obvious that many other players are also unhappy with the seating arrangement. Why? They quickly leave two-player tables. The reason is the vast majority do NOT want to play heads-up poker! But Ignition often seats players at empty tables or at tables with one other player. The vast majority of the players simply jump off the table instead of playing heads up. In other words, we are all jumping blindly from table to table trying to find a real 6-max game.

1 Like

yup that is exactly what happens

it has been going on for so long it is just so silly

everyone hates it regs and non regs alike

1 Like

just happened again to me.

sat out at a table with 5 guys in it because it was not filling.
then i got kicked from that table for not posting in 3 rounds.

then i join a new table knowing there is a table with 4 guys on it but it only sends me to a table by myself…now i have been sitting here alone for 3mins without a transfer to that table with 4 guys on it…

ooooo just as i make this post i got transferred to the table with 4 guys on after 5mins of sitting alone.

(i tested it a bit more…i left that table and rejoined and it did take me there right away the 2nd time.)

just happened again playing 9max

i sat out because only total of 6 players at the table after 3 rounds i got kicked.

i start up a new table and i am sitting by myself still for over 5mins

i feel like i am in prison and cant get a real table because i crush 9max

edit: just started up a 4th table even though i am still sitting alone at the 3rd table and not a single person joined…and the 4th table had 6 people on it…

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh just at the exact second i typed this i got transferred to a real table with players on it.

guess it goes to show the squeaky wheel gets the oil

now all my tables are full for the fist time all night… and they keep filling up when people leave!!!
which is not a common thing sometimes.

amazing but i expect to be doom switched now…OMG JOKING about the doom switch…even if there was a thing like that i am wayyyy too good to lose money to something like that.

i will continue to test this by leaving tables with a few people missing and rejoining to see if i get put back in at the same table or solo table.

edit2: 4 tables open had full games for about an hour

now all 4 tables are at 4 people and no one joined for 10-15mins.
HEYYYY what do you know again as sooooon as i make this post…the exact second games filled up well 2 tables of the 4.

totally expecting to be doomed switched… going to play soooo tight. aces only

edit3: WOW tables are all filling to max again! ty

only 1 table is not filling…1 guy joined for .5 secs and left… every other table is full!

my wheel is squeaking give me some oil

10:38 6max 2 tables
10:41 no fill on the 6max 1 down to 5max
10:43 6max to 7max and still 1 at 5max now 4max
10:44 now full table. but 1 4max.
10:47 first person to join that 4th table in 9mins but left instantly all other tables full.
10:48 5max 6max
10:49 7max 6max (but at least people are joining and leaving now…not like9mins of nothing.)
10:50 8max

9-20-20 edit:

i am just calling it like i see it:

it seems that i am in some type of prison and my tables do not fill or i can not join full games…

and every time i made a post on here about it not filling…within 1min of me posting…it fills…

…umm…explain.

I just sat at a $1/2 limit table. The one player there left when I sat down. Another player sat down and left three separate times as I was sitting there for two minutes! These two players did not want to start a game and play heads up. I do not want to do that either.

Ignition needs to fix its seating policy. It can go back to the old way when players chose tables. Another way to fix this is to hire prop players to start games for the site. Ignition should not ask or expect players to start games by playing heads up.

1 Like

i agree 100% i think they put me in some type of isolated prison where i can not play vs some type of players and they just leave my tables at 4max for hours.

playing 4 cash tables 6max

3 of the 4 tables have 4max or less and are not filling

edit: within 1 min of me posting 2 of the 3 4max tables filled one table is not filling at all and is at 3max

same story different day

playing 4 cash tables

3 of the tables are full the whole time other than when someone leaves and rejoins with in a min or two.

4th table does not fill from 2:18pm est to 2:43 est = 25 mins of 4max

i counted the hands it was around 50+ hands at 4max while all my other tables are filling people joining and leaving.

many times i would just leave but i stayed just to see how long it would take.

many times when i report the bug here on ignition instantly the table fills…

i obviously feel less than happy about this whole situation :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

after the game filled and i posted the details, i did not have any other table get stuck at 4max for the rest of the session, maybe 5min max before the tables filled after someone left.

super excited with the hope that some of these bugs might get fixed during that poker down time update.

edit:10-5-20 2 tables not filled from 4max then games just close already 1 tabled closed because not filling…

now 1 table closed and the other one finally filled up…at the exact moment i made this post…
like almost every single time, i make a post about it.

Upon sitting at a new FLH table, I often get this message: “Please wait while we find you another table.” This is often not true at all. A second player may join your table—starting a heads-up match. Another possibility, especially at off hours, is that there are no other tables running. In that case, I suppose Ignition expects you to sit at an empty table indefinitely. These kind of issues never happen at sit n go tourneys. When you want to play an SNG, you always know how many players are ready to play, and you can guess your wait time till the tourney starts.
Why does Ignition not allow cash-game players to choose their tables?

1 Like

amazing how hard it is to find 4 tables at 9max or 6max considering how many tables i have stuck at 4max alllll theeeee timeeeee

every time the tables are stuck at 4max

they NEVER fill up just 1 seat
both seats fill up at the same time or within 1 min

player1: I am talking about the limit hold’em games. LH has only 6-max. For NL, I play 9-handed because I want to avoid super-short tables.
If you could choose your tables, this discussion would not be necessary. Are there any other poker rooms that have a similar, enforced seating policy?

i know but this is part of the problem

i can play 30mins on 5nl with only 4 people at the table and the table will not fill.

(and as soon as i press the sit out button the table fills almost instantly or the game just closes, because no one wants to play 3max or 2max…also as soon as i post on these forums that the tables are not filling, as i type the words the table fills)

everything seems completely normal.

but when i try to start up a new game many times i have to sit by myself just like you.

if they would redirect new players to tables that are stuck at 4max i doubt there would be a problem as bad as it is.

i am sure it is a lot worse for you since limit hold’em games do not fill like no limit games.

and 5nl micros have the largest player pool, so there should not be problems like this.

i believe i am being isolated on purpose.

i do agree we should be able to choose our tables.
i do not play any other poker rooms

i stick with the devil i know and give him hell.

2 tables are stuck at 4max or under and have not been filling for an extended period of time.

1 table closed because no one wants to play 3max
and other table just filled 1 or 2mins after i made this post

17 hands from 6:13pm est to 6:24pm est

ty all my tables have been filling after people leave for the last 20mins
squeaky wheel gets the oil

player 1: Are you playing FLH or NLH? What stakes? Sorry for the questions, I’m just trying to better understand the situation.
I’ve gotten so frustrated by this that I’ve become a Sit n Go player—where tables always start with 6 players!

1 Like

i mostly play micro 6max cash games 5NL

from what i have seen, when i press the sit out button when the table is stuck at 4max many times it will fill up shortly.

also as soon as i post on these forums complaining my tables are not filling up then they fill up while i am typing.

Back when I started on the site, I played reg tables. Now, my reg tables are occasional PLO.

Being a new player, I simply closed the table, and went to join another, until I got a full table (was playing 9 handed at the time). I would not sit and wait. Pulled up two tables this way, playing 5nl to start.

Now with PLO, have no problems getting into a fairly full 6 max table. BUT, when I am more than 200bb deep, I will cut out before my big blind. By then, the table is breaking up anyway (no one wants to reload). :smiling_imp:

1 Like

More posters on 2+2 are talking about the enforced cash-game seating policy. And they are as unhappy about it as I am.

2 Likes

a table was stuck at 4max for a while then 1 player left down to 3max and as soon as i sit out the other player sits out, now most of the time anyone sitting out would get kicked off the table but not this time…instantly 2 seats fill exactly right before 2 players get kicked from the table.

calling it like i see it…SHADY AS PUCK (i am a big hockey fan)